Last updated on May 21, 2023
I’ll be honest with you: Since Jasper acquired Shortly AI, it seems like an abandoned project now. There has been no activity on their side for at least 2 years—no new product updates or tweets from the company’s account.
Even their official blog announced that ShortlyAI is merging into Conversion.ai (now Jasper).
Don’t worry! AI copywriting is the hottest space in tech right now. There are lots of great Shortly AI alternatives that produce far better content and have better features.
Here are the 5 best Shortly AI competitors:
Among the ShortlyAI alternatives in this list, I consider Copy.ai to be my favorite—and for good reason! It’s an AI copywriting tool that generates really good marketing copy (some of which you can see throughout this post), is easy to understand and packs a lot of useful and unique features into its affordable price tag.
For example, Copy.ai’s blog post wizard generates full 1,000-word articles in as little as 5 minutes. You can also use their freestyle tool to write any copy you want—be it writing a LinkedIn post or Gumroad product description or an affiliate disclaimer.
The main reason 3 million+ users prefer Copy.ai is because it produces high-quality content that’s better than all other AI writing tools—and you can use it for both short-form and long form!
- Best-in-class content output
- 4-step blog post wizard
- Google Docs-like editor with advanced editing features, such as the ability to rewrite sentences or completing a paragraph
- Templates generator to create any kind of copy you want
- Beginner-friendly interface
$49/month for 40,000 words.
For your first year with CopyAI, I negotiated a discounted rate of $29/month. For annual plans, it comes down to just $21/month!
LIMITED TIME DEAL: Upgrade to a paid plan within the first 4 days of signing up using above link to get instant 40% off.
Jasper (formerly Jarvis) is another AI copywriting software that can write great marketing copy using pre-written templates and your input. This Shortly AI alternative is a bit more complicated than Copy.ai to learn, but it has some great features that can make your life easier when creating content.
Using Jasper, you can create perfectly-written, SEO-optimized content in just a few clicks. The platform also offers templates for different copy types: blog posts, landing pages, email newsletters and more.
- Boss Mode can help you to write long-form content
- Use Content Improver to improve existing content
- Integrates with Surfer SEO to optimize your content
- Use AI to generate illustrations for your blog posts (extra subscription)
- Built-in plagiarism checker
Jasper costs $59/month for upto 50,000 words.
Rytr is the most affordable ShortlyAI alternative in this list with a simple user interface. You can use it to write short, catchy pieces of content like ads, text messages and Youtube video descriptions. Its versatility makes it applicable across many different industries.
- Advanced editing options like append, improve, rephrase and rewrite a paragraph.
- Built in plagiarism checker
- AI image generator
- Easy user interface
- Flat price for unlimited output
At $29/month for unlimited content generation, it’s quite cheap. But in my personal opinion, the content generated was okay.
Copysmith is another Shortly AI competitor that’s built for eCommerce businesses and enterprise teams looking to automate their content creation process. It’s been designed with large-scale, automated processes in mind—if your company needs to create lots of content at once, this could be the tool you’re looking for.
Fun fact: Copysmith actually owns Rytr (mentioned above).
Copysmith integrates with several key marketing platforms, such as WooCommerce, Google Ads and WordPress.
- Plagiarism checker ensures that your content is 100% original.
- Bulk content creation using a CSV file with topics
- Team collaboration features like Workflow Queue to assign tasks, gather feedback and get client approval.
- Pre-built templates support a range of use cases like product descriptions, social media ads and blog titles. You can customize them as you see fit.
Copysmith costs $59/month for upto 260,000 words.
Related Reading: Best Alternatives To Copysmith
Choosing the best Shortly AI alternative
Good news! There are several Shortly AI alternatives with features that surpass Shortly AI and are actually better than it in all departments: content generated, features, user interface, pricing etc.
In my opinion, Copy.ai is the best Shortly AI alternative in the market and clear winner here. With the best quality content generated, value-for-money pricing and a host of features, Copy.ai is a complete package for marketers.
- Best quality content output
- Google Docs-style free form editor with advanced editing tools
- Easy user interface
- Blog post wizard to get your draft in <5 minutes
- 150+ ready to use templates
- Auto-write instructions for your AI writer
Limited time deal: Get Copy.ai for $29/month.
The only drawback of Copy.ai is that it doesn’t include a built-in plagiarism checker and the ability to integrate with other SEO tools—but those are nice-to-haves for me, so I don’t mind. With how quickly they’re innovating, I’m confident they will add these features to the platform soon!